Week In Review

Last Monday I worked on a new idea that I’m formulating. A couple of people already have seen a sneak-preview. I’m not going to say too much at this point, as I’m still in the R&D stage, but, if it happens, it’ll be pretty cool. And, of course, sick.

Tuesday was all about the Ford dealership. I took my Mustang in to get a free oil change (I get them free with the car) at 9:00am. I actually go there about ten minutes early and the mechanics got the ball rolling immediately. I was told it’d be about an hour. So, running a little behind, around 10:35am they finally finished. I pick up the keys and walk over to the car and notice that the driver’s side front tire is really low on air. I went into the trunk and grabbed my digital air pressure gauge and find out that the tire has about 10 lbs. of air in it. I tell my service rep and he tells me to get in the car, turn the tires to the right and move ahead slowly. Sure enough, he spots a large nail in the tire. He goes to check if I have road hazard insurance on the tires. At 11:00am he comes back and tells me that I do, but with me now being last in the queue of people and the fact that lunch breaks are happening, they probably won’t get to the car until about 1:00pm. We talk about the tire for a minute and we agree that it’ll hold out for a while, so I decide to go do some Christmas shopping for a couple of hours and come back at 1:00. I headed out and went to Michael’s Crafts and bought some supplies for my aforementioned project. I also did actually do some Christmas shopping. I get back to the dealership around 1:00pm and they take the car. I go and get a bite to eat at McDonald’s which is right next door. I come back, hang out in their lobby, and get the car back and leave around 2:30pm. I ran a couple more errands and went home. That night I watched the Lightning game and saw them lose 1 to 4 to Buffalo.

Wednesday morning I watched the most recent episode of Heroes on NBC.com. I guess they’re gonna be taking a break from episodes for about a month or so, and I think they’re gonna start back up on January 22nd. Ugh. Later that morning, I had a steam cleaner guy come over and do the carpets in the apartment. I did a bunch of paperwork.

Thursday I did a bunch of job hunting and submitted my resume. I was also contacted by a recruiter in Tampa (not the same one I normally use). He wanted to meet with me on Friday and said he’d send me an e-mail with his address and contact info and direction on how to get there. That night, I watched the Lightning kick Atlanta’s asses 8 to 0.

Friday was spent getting things ready, ironing shirts, and planning on going to Tampa. Unfortunately, my 1:30pm appointment came and went and I got no e-mail from the recruiter. I had no way to contact him to remind him of our meeting and that he didn’t send the info he promised. Around 2:30pm he e-mailed me and apologized as he realized he didn’t send out the e-mail. He wanted me to get in touch with him the next week so we could try again.

Saturday was a big day. I met up with my brother-in-law, Glen, and we went out to the SRQ R/C airfield. The SRQ squadron was hosting their Warbird fly-in, which showcases scale WWI and WWII military aircraft. I picked Glen up around 9:30am and we headed to the airfield. We got there around 10:30am. After getting settled, we watched the pilots fly their planes around, had some hot chocolates and doughnuts and talked a while. The announcer stated that there would be a scale jet demonstration at noon and that they were going to open the pits to visitors so they could see the planes up close. Glen and I decided to stick around long enough to see the jet. I love the smell of that jet fuel, as Schunk will tell you. So, while we’re waiting for all that, I get a hot dog for brunch. They then tell us that there’s to be a real, full-scale P51 Mustang flyby around 12:30pm.

Once again, we decide to stay long enough to see that. Time goes by, I get a couple of cheeseburgers and a free hot dog(!) and we look at the planes in the pits, watch the jet demonstration, and, eventually around 1:00pm, see the Mustang fly by.

Glen and I then decide to do what we intended to do that day;’ go Christmas shopping. We head out to the mall, a few stores, and get some shopping done. Around 3:30pm or so, he calls my sister and we decide to all get together with my mom and watch the Lightning hockey game at my place. We picked up my sister and mom and are at my place around 6:00pm or so. The game was starting at 7:30pm. We play some poker while waiting for Shauna to come back from the store, and when she does, I order pizza and we settle in to watch the game. The girls all talked and had fun and Glenn and I watched the game and I showed him my Fantasy Hockey team (he promptly gets engrossed in the Fantasy idea and vows to join next year). The pizza arrives, we eat, drink some beers and have a lot of fun and everyone goes home around 12:30am.

Sunday was a day for relaxing. I installed Star Wars Galaxies on my PC and started playing with it again for the hell of it. I also paid some bills.

Monday was the same, although I did contact the recruiter in Tampa. I have a meeting with him tomorrow. Of course, there was no Heroes last night, so I just played Galaxies. I had to go out and pay the storage unit that day and also ship a couple of boxes to Millard.

Today I have some more bills to pay, and will be doing a bunch more job-hunting. I will most likely play some SWG today and will watch the Lightning game tonight.

Sick Thought of the Day: Anal Taint.

Leave a Reply