Oh How The Time Flies

I haven’t posted in awhile. Shame on me. I’m a fuckin’ jerk. This past week has been a whirlwind of activity.

Millard, Shauna, Diana, Brad and I all decided it was time to dust off the manuals, open our bags of dice, and sharpen our pencils and play some Dungeons & Dragons. I know, I know. Totally geeking out, but some of the most “gaming” fun I’ve ever had was playing D&D when I was a teenager. It brings back some fond memories of creativity and was one of the reasons I wrote The Yellow Emerald and now am into films. So, late last week we all decided to start playing on Friday nights. While Millard finished up his adjustments on the script for the feature, I began combing through my DM’s Guide and Player’s Handbook trying to convert my Second Edition rules over to the newer 3.5 rules. And it’s hard making that immense leap. I also ended up building a D&D portal on my site (sorry, only registered users that are playing with us (ha-ha) can gain access). This is what kept me busy through Tuesday night.

Wednesday night Shauna’s niece, Melissa, flew in from Scotland. We went down to Venice and picked John up and came back up to Sarasota to pick her up at the airport. I think Melissa is in town until July 8th or so. Obviously, she was pretty wiped out after being on planes for some 18 hours. We dropped her off with John (she’s staying with him for the month) and got home and got to sleep by 2:00am.

I had originally planned on beginning the editing on the DVD Thursday, but it made no sense to start that and then not work on it for a few days. You see, Shauna and I invited Melissa up for the weekend, so we knew Friday night would be D&D night (we rolled our characters and played a little bit to get everyone used to the system) and then Melissa would be here Saturday (today) and we’d want to hang out with her and take her to see the sights and so on. So, I figured, why would I start editing Thursday and then wait until Sunday or Monday to continue? Yeah. So, I didn’t do that Thursday, but worked on the D&D campaign instead.

Editing will begin tomorrow afternoon after I visit John and deliver Melissa back to his house.

With Melissa up here, we took her out grocery shopping and all and then came back home. She went out and sunned herself by the pool for quite a while this afternoon. Afterward, we went downtown and had dinner at Two Senioritis (I got the marinated chicken burritos… again) and then we walked around City Park hoping to see dolphins playing in the bay. We didn’t see any, but got some great photos, which I’ll post here soon. We came back and watched House of the Dead and The Gospel.

I’ve also started an Action Figures section in the Digital Archive.  I’ll continue to update over the next few weeks.

Sick Thought of the Day: Yellow diarrhea in the toilet.

Leave a Reply